Friday, October 25, 2013

We Are His Treasure




As I walk the beach this week, I am first off so thankful for God's provision.  As I watch my children play in the waves I am reminded of the many things God has blessed me with.  I thank God for my healthy children.  I thank God for my husband's job.  I praise God for the miles of sand and ocean, for footballs, and sandcastles and body boards.  He blesses us with dolphins, and sunshine, and the sound of waves!  I am ashamed of the times I take my blessings for granted, and I praise His Holy Name for loving me anyway!

Another thing I notice, as I walk the beach looking for shells and sharks teeth, is I am so thankful that God doesn't choose me like I choose shells.  I try and pick out the most beautiful, perfectly shaped shells.  I don't want the shells that are broken or ugly in color.  (Yes, I also tend to pick a book by its cover.)

I picture God looking down on us.  We are the many shells spread out on the beach, but unlike me, He is picking us all up one by one.  He brushes us off and puts us into His bucket for safe keeping.  He sees past the holes and jagged edges.  He ignores the barnacles stuck to our surface and sees the beauty under all the sand that covers our body.  In fact, God prefers that we have some broken edges and discolored spots.........when we are broken we are much easier to shape and mold into something new and beautiful.

You have been set apart as Holy to the Lord your God and He has chosen you to be His own special treasure from all the nations of the earth.
Deuteronomy 14:2    

Praise and thanksgiving!  We have a God who will take the time to brush us off and love us through our ugly stages.  He loves us before we are polished and renewed.  He is even willing to get His hands dirty digging us out of the deep, wet sand.  Today lay helpless in the sand, let the waves wash over you and wait for Him to pick you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!