Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Trust, Obedience and Your Story


As the princess opened it, she found the baby boy.  His helpless cries touched her heart.  “He must be one of the Hebrew children,” she said.  
Then the baby’s sister approached the princess.  “Should I go and find one of the Hebrew women for you?” she asked. 
“Yes, do!” the princess replied.  So the girl rushed home and called the baby’s mother.
“Take this child home and nurse him for me,” the princess told her.  “I will pay you for your help.”  So the baby’s mother took her baby home and nursed him.
Exodus 2:6-9

What a story of trust and obedience!  First Moses’ mother, Jochebed, trusted her God enough to save her son from death.  She put the baby in the basket and laid it among the reeds along the edge of the Nile river (Exodus 2:3)  She loved her son so much that instead of killing him, which was the law at that time, she trusted God to protect him and save him.  She took a big risk in keeping him as long as she did and an even bigger risk placing him in a basket along the river.  She had faith that God would protect and save her son. 

Moses’ sister, on the other hand, got a prompting from God to approach the princess and offer to help her find the baby’s mother.  A quick search on line showed me that Miriam, Moses’ sister, could have been anywhere from 5-11 years of age at this time.  To walk up to the princess and talk to her would have been a hard thing to do especially since this baby should have been killed and offering her assistance could have linked her to the baby and got her into big trouble.  

Now imagine a story like this in the present time.  Imagine this happening and the awesome story of faith and God’s provision that Jochebed would get to share with her weekly bible study girls!  Can you imagine the excited, squealing, giddy, overwhelmed sound in her voice when she got to explain how God worked in her life?  I can hear it now:
“Girls, you will never guess what God did for me today!  He brought my baby back and saved him from death!  God is awesome!  He loves me that much! God is so faithful!  Praise God, He is working in my life and He never fails me!  

This is what really stuck out to me when I read this passage.  All the times I sit with my GFFs (if you have a small group of bible study girls I encourage you to give yourself a title) and we share what God is doing in our lives, the beautiful expressions on our faces and the words of praise that come from our lips is such a blessing for all.  God not only wants to make our dreams come true but He wants us to share this hope with our friends!  He blesses us so that we can bless others!  God is capable of doing anything and everything we ask of him and when He follows through we are asked to share it!  

Next time you have a hard decision to make put your faith in action and trust that God will make good of your decision.  Trust that God will make good come from a difficult situation and then be prepared to share the outcome and the wonderful way God worked in your life!  
I just can’t help but smile when I think of the look on Jochebed’s face when her baby was brought back to her.  Share the story behind your smile with someone this week!  Share God’s faithfulness and be a blessing to someone who needs your story of hope.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!