Saturday, October 5, 2013

Just One Touch


As Jesus and the disciples were going to the official’s home, a woman who had a hemorrhage for 12 years came up behind Him.  She touched the fringe of His robe, for she thought, “If I can just touch His robe, I will be healed.  
Matthew 9:19-21



I want that faith!  Ladies, we need that faith!!  To put my trust into just one touch of Jesus’ robe!  For one touch to heal something that has labeled me unclean, banned me from society, and kept me alone for so many years.  Something that I have probably searched out answers from many intelligent people, tried many remedies and prayed like crazy to many gods.  One touch would take 12 years of pain and embarrassment away!  

After reading her story one might think it was more out of desperation than faith that called the woman to trust in just one touch.  But desperation is hopelessness. This woman had hope!  She was sure that, just by getting close enough to reach out and touch the Son of God, she would be healed!  Heck she didn’t even have to touch His body, His robe was good enough! 

This woman didn’t plan out a whole scenario of talking to Jesus.  Unlike many of us, she didn’t rehearse her conversation and run over it a million times before she approached Him.  At that very moment she had no solutions for fixing her problem.  She just had faith that a simple touch would cure her.  

So many times I have gone to God with answers already on my mind.  I have tried to give Him suggestions on how to fix my problems (like He needs my help or something!).  I may rehearse a whole scenario in my head and try to figure how my needs will be met.  God spoke to me through this passage.  He told me, “quit thinking and just get close to Me.”  He is saying stop planning and trying to fix and just reach out and touch me!  Have faith that one touch will be enough!  Please read the scripture again.  Did the woman think she was too unclean and unworthy of approaching Jesus?  Did she think her problem was too shameful for healing?  Did the woman think her problem was too big for Jesus?  Did she worry what people would think of her?  No, the woman thought if she touched Jesus' robe she would be healed.  Plain and simple.......stop thinking and worrying and just reach out to Jesus! 

It is so beautiful, it makes my heart sing!  Whatever our needs are, physical, mental, or spiritual, God can heal us with just one touch!  If our faith proves rock solid He will undoubtedly give us the desires of our heart!  We just have to believe! 


** I really encourage you to dive into your bibles and check these stories out for yourself!  What God says to me may be totally different than what he says to you ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!