Friday, October 17, 2014

Wives Are A Treasure (Part 1)


The man who finds a wife finds a treasure and receives favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

While searching the bible for all the scripture relating to wives I found the one listed above in Proverbs 18:22.  As I read, it made perfect sense, but instead of puffing up and getting a big head by thinking I was a treasure to my husband, something else came to my mind.  I posed the personal question: Am I a treasure to my husband?  I didn't run out to ask him and maybe that's because I was afraid of what the answer would be.  Sadly I came to admit that I know in my heart of hearts that there is more to being a true Christian wife than I am displaying in my marriage.  Over the next few days, I want to lead you in a study of your own in finding how God says a wife should act and treat her husband.  If you are truly sincere and allow God to move you, challenge you, and teach you then you will come away from this study, a different wife.  Will it all happen overnight?  Most likely not, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, if you are willing, He will make a way. 


Today's challenge:

And let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband (that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates him, and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him and loves and admires him exceedingly).
Ephesians 5:33  

I was blown away by all the verbs listed in this scripture and I knew that by looking them up one by one I would better understand how a wife should treat her husband.  As much as I want to tell you everything I learned I believe you will get out of it what you put in, and so I challenge you to search on your own to find out what God is asking of you personally.  Use a dictionary to look up all of the underlined words in this scripture.  Write them down and study them.  What are your thoughts?  Is there an area you need to work on?  

Dear God, give me time today and this weekend to study these words and better understand what you want from me as a wife.  Help me to recognize the areas that need work and give me creative ways to start treating my husband differently.  Keep these words at the front of my thoughts.  Help me to begin a change and let my husband see that change.  I offer up this challenge to gain wisdom from You and to bring Glory to You.  Let my husband see You in me and let my actions come from my reverence to You and my willingness to obey.  In Jesus' Name.....Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!