Thursday, October 2, 2014

Free From Anger and Controversey

In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.
1 Timothy 2:8

God wants all of us.  He doesn't want our prayers when our minds are someplace else.  I don't know how many times I have gone to him in prayer with so many things on my mind, things that I was not happy about or people I was just downright angry with.  While words of prayer were pouring from my lips my mind wasn't even willing to listen to what He wanted to tell me.  I didn't give him a chance to speak and at the time I wasn't even willing to divert my thoughts, or make amends with the person I as in controversy with.  And while I do believe God wants us to express these feelings to Him and there is nothing wrong with crying out to Him in anger or frustration, when it comes time to worship Him, and talk to Him seeking guidance and answers, we have to put our anger aside and trust Him to lead us out of that place.  He wants us free from this anger and controversy so that we can worship Him freely praising Him with our hands held high.  We can't go to Him in worship and leave anything behind.  If we trust Him with one area of our life then we must trust Him will all of our life including that little area that harbors anger and controversy.  That too must be given up and left at His feet.  We must be able to let it go, freeing ourselves to worship and receive answers.  Clearing our minds of negative and making room for change and resolution.  

I do not have this mastered.  It isn't easy leaving behind those things that sometimes hurt me deeply, but when I don't I am not in a posture to receive all of God's blessings.  What is bothering you today?  Is there someone or something that has got you so worked up you are unable to hear God's whispering voice?  Does your worship get lost in your wondering mind, thinking of this person or that circumstance that really made you mad?  Friends, offer that anger up to God today and free yourself.  If at all possible make amends with that person who hurt you or made you angry.  Forgive them and free yourself.  Say your sorry and be forgiven.  Make the first move and move that person to wonder what is different in you.  Then head to your knees with hands lift high and worship your Holy Father.  

Dear God, take this thing that is on my mind.  I do not want to harbor anger or live with controversy stirring my thoughts. Instead I want to live in complete dependence on You and trust You with the things that hurt me or make me mad.  I come to you with an open mind.  I forgive those who hurt me and I let go of those things that hold me back from receiving your full blessings.  I love because You love.  Your love is complete and amazing.  Your love is enough and it flows through me and enables me to love those who hurt me.  Father I praise You for all that you are in my life I will praise you all day free from anger and controversy. In Jesus' name  Amen  

Related scripture: Ephesians 4:26, Matthew 5:23-24   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!