Friday, October 24, 2014

A Light For Our Path

By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
Psalm 119:105

As I was driving through the fog very early, the other morning, it brought to my attention the similarity between a dark, foggy path and our life in God's will.  As I drove a very familiar road I found myself feeling totally lost in such a thick fog that I couldn't see any farther than my light beams would allow.  It was as if I was walking with a very dim flashlight and all I could see was a few steps in front of me.  I was always so thankful when I could see the lights from a car up ahead that would soon light my path and help me catch my surroundings and figure out where I was.   God is so much like this light on a very dark and foggy morning.  From experience I know that my future is very unclear and very dark sometime.  I am shut off from what is going to happen and where I am going.  I feel as if I am lost on my path with just enough light to see the few steps in front of me.  And my friends, that is what faith is!  Faith is saying yes to God not knowing what the future holds and where exactly He will be taking us, until we are already there.  As unpredictable as my future is and all the unknowns I have to take into account every day there is no way I could ever shine a light on my future the way God does.  At just the right time He shows up to light up my path, to show me where I am and give me a little more insight to where I am headed.  

Dear God, thank You for lighting my path at just the right time.  Forgive me when I start to get impatient and I try to shine my own light on my future.  When I try and go ahead of You and figure out Your plan for me taking myself out of your will and or off Your chosen path.  I don't want to rely on myself but only on You, when the time is right, to give me a little more light.  In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!