Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I'm Sorry

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press ontoward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. [ Following Paul’s Example ] All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

I woke up this morning and all I can do is offer "I'm sorry." I must say it to God, to my spouse, to my child and to myself. I am a Christian. I desire to live my life fully surrendered to Jesus for his renewal and his purposes. I want my life and my home to permeate the peace of Christ. Yet, I am 100% human. I'm learning and growing. I work at maturing, but it comes slowly. I make mistakes and flounder. Fail and fall. But I get up again and press on because in Christ I am enough. I am forgiven. I am loved.
As his grace fell fresh upon me this morning in my quiet time, I couldn't help but offer it to others. Even if I felt wronged it didn't matter. I was wrong and that's all I can control.

Lord, help me to press on when I fail. Help me to love like you do. Forgive me for using too many words and hurting others. Teach me. Give me a teachable heart, Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!