Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Use Your Time Wisely

Be very careful, then, how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

 The above scripture is warning to us. Our time on earth is limited. Our days and moments are numbered therefore we need to live wisely. The longer we walk with Jesus the more we are aware of our impact on others. Every moment has the possibility to make change in those around us. Whether we are directly impacting another through face-to-face conversation, communicating through service or being watched from afar, our actions have the opportunity to reflect Christ within us. Making the most of every opportunity is a focused, intentional life.
Today evaluate the way you spend your time. Do you make the most of every opportunity? Do you choose real relationship over interaction on a screen? Will you choose time in the Word of God over time parked before the television? Will you allow yourself to rest in the presence of God rather than push for the accomplishment of one more task? Today you will be given the opportunity to use your time wisely. The choice is ours to live wisely or just let the moments slip by.

Dear Lord,
Today I want to commit my time to you. I have moments that are unplanned, help me to use them to honor you. I have moments that are committed to someone else's agenda; Help me use these moments to bring honor to your name. In my moments of rest, allow me the peace to rest in your presence and to tune out the call of the world around me. Help me to make the most of every opportunity. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!