Tuesday, October 28, 2014

When God Challenges Our Lifestyle

At once the Pharisees went away and met with the supporters of Herod to discuss plans for killing Jesus.
Mark 3:6

This sounds like a pretty harsh reaction, to a miracle just performed in front of their eyes, don't you think?  But the Pharisees didn't see a miracle, they saw a man threatening their way of life and they were not going to sit by and lose there authority to a poor man from Nazareth.  This got me thinking about my own life and the reactions I have when God challenges my lifestyle.  Do I listen with respect or am I like the Pharisees who had hardened hearts?  Am I willing to let God change me and take His advice in the areas that He wants me to change or do I plot against God and try to find excuses and reasons why my behavior is okay?  These Pharisees saw Jesus and His miracles first hand and still chose to not believe.  Do I see the work God is doing and brush it aside as if it is coincidence or just luck?  Do I see God's work in my life and am I willing to give Him the credit for the blessings I receive daily?  This simple sentence has been eating away at me for a couple of days now and I can't help to think of the ways I am similar to the Pharisees.  I am ashamed of the many times I have plotted against God, compromising my faith in order to justify my actions.  I never saw myself as this but looking back I can't be for God when I am acting against His will for me and I can't be on His side when I am taking sides with the devil.  Just like the pharisees I have held on to my pride and chosen to side with supporters of Herod.  

Friends, today let us not ignore God any longer.  Let us listen closely to His Words in our heart and the Words He gives us through the bible and the special people He places in our lives.  When our lifestyle is threatened let us not be threatened to defend ourselves and our pride but instead may we be willing to hear God and change through the help of the Holy Spirit.  Let us be soft clay lying on the Potters wheel teachable and changeable at a moments notice.  May we be open to change where change is asked of us and hand over our pride and self reliance.  Once again, I thank God for His patience with me and I can't wait to put this new perspective in my heart and carry it with me as a reminder.  I praise God for loving me and you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!