Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Press On To Know Him


Oh, that we would know the Lord!  Let us press on to know him.  He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.
Hosea 6:3

As spring approaches we see signs of new life.  We anticipate the warm sunshine on our face and the light breeze blowing in fresh scents of spring.  The ground stays soggy as rain is only but a day away.  Let's face it, if you are a "normal" person living in Indiana, by this time every year, you are itching for spring.  From the first signs of perennials peeping out of the ground to the rainfall that seems never ending at times......spring is a season of change, getting the ground ready for planting and making things brighter after a long, gloomy winter.  Just like we can count on this shift in seasons we can count on God to respond to our every need.  In fact, this change in weather is His response to our needs!  God can be counted on.  Getting to know God is the best choice anyone can make for him or herself.  But making that initial decision can be scary and uncomfortable.  Making new choices based on your new beliefs can leave you vulnerable to other's attacks.  Let's face it, it isn't a comfortable place to be in, but the scripture above reminds us that our relationship with Jesus Christ, and knowing God on a personal level will bring security in an unsafe world.  As surely as we know that rain is coming in the spring or that the sun is rising at dawn, we can count on God being there for us and with us.  We can put all our eggs in this one basket........our relationship, knowing God........it will bring us the response we are looking for!  

Dear God, as sure as I am of the coming of spring, I trust you to be my best friend and provider of all my needs.  Thank you for the beautiful spring that is heading my way and for being my never changing hope.  Keep me grounded in your ways and lead me to be better today than I was yesterday.  Teach me all about you so that I can know you and obey all your commands.  
In Jesus' Name, I love you....Amen        

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!