Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Untangled

I don't know how it happens, but I can put a pair of earbuds in my drawer or on the nightstand and the next time I look they are tangled. Not just a small knot, mind you, but tangled, one twist and turn after another. As I start untwisting the knots and un-messing the mess,  find yet another small knot in the cord. One mess intersects with another and another. Sometimes I wonder is it worth it to keep untangling the mess or should I just throw the whole balled up mess out and start over. Then, I untangle a knot and I'm encouraged and plod on! Until at last, the earbuds are totally untangled! Yes!

I'm finding life to be much the same. It takes us a long time to get so bent out of shape, relational knots intertwined, and lies woven into the mess. And we didn't even see it coming! Until we realize we are one knotted, messed up mess. Then we find God at a deeper level or maybe for the first time. He begins unwinding the knots and we feel free! Only to take a small reprieve and have him begin on the next set of knots and tangles. He is always working for our benefit. He is always seeking to dispel the lies of the enemy. He yearns to make our relationships healthy and give our hearts freedom. It takes time and it gets tiresome, but he never gives up, therefore, we never give up!

Today this verse spurs me on to allow God to continue "unmessing" my life. Let it spur you to carry on too! Let him untangle your life to total freedom- one knot at a time!

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thess. 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!