Thursday, April 16, 2015

Surprise!

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

One day last week I was so pleasantly surprised to see my daffodils blooming! I had been watching them and the day prior the buds were so tight! I expected the blooms to arrive in a few days, but to my surprise, the beautiful yellow blooms showed up the very next day. Although I was surprised, God wasn't. He'd been watching those flowers, working through the sun, the soil, and the rain in preparation for the blossoming of those beauties! 

I began thinking about how God works.... continually. He's doing things even when we don't see it. Seeds are germinating and taking root below the soil. Though we can't see it, it's happening. In comparison, God is also working within us and also within the hearts and minds of our loved ones. We can't always see what's going on, but things are changing, being prepared, and rising to the surface ready to blossom at any moment. 

Storms above the surface don't always reflect what's happening below the soil. Isn't it the rains of the storm that bring new life? So why, when storms brew in our lives do we feel that things are falling apart rather than falling in place?

Though we feel that situations aren't moving quickly enough, trials are lingering too long, hard hearts aren't changing yet, or the right job hasn't been revealed, we must trust that God is working. Today's scripture says, "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Keep your eyes open. Watch for God's hand in your life. Get to know him through scripture so that you recognize his workmanship. Don't be surprised when God answers your prayer! It may come in a totally different way than you expected, but it will come because He is already making the preparations. 

Dear Lord,
We are so thankful that you are faithful to finish what you've started. We are thankful that you have a greater plan and know details we can't even perceive. We lay our hearts before you in expectation that you are working for our good. Praise to your name! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!