Saturday, April 11, 2015

Out Of Sight Out Of Mind

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.  He gives us grace and glory.  The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11

The other day as I was driving through the wet, rainy weather I looked up at the sky and remembered that above all those clouds the sun was still shining.  You may think I'm crazy for getting such a big kick out of this fact but not too long ago, as I was flying, we broke through the clouds and for the first time realized that the sun still shines even when it is cloudy.  I know a first grader probably knows this fact, and it's not necessarily that I didn't know it, I just never thought about it long enough.  So often if something is out of my sight it is out of my mind ;)  Of course all of this thinking of the sun that was just a cloud cover away got me thinking of God.  I took note of a few things.  

1.)  God is never not there!  Even when things are looking cloudy in our life He is always right there with us.  His beauty and power are still shining all around us even when we feel like the darkness is closing in on us.  God is always doing His best for us even when it doesn't always feel like it.  He is working...........shining for us, because He loves us.  

2.)  When God is not in my visual He is often not on my mind.......and admitting that makes me sad.  If I am not seeing God's work in my day through the beauty of nature, the blessings of children, birds, friends, a job, a warm house and the million other things He provides then I am most likely not thinking of Him.  I am going through my day, doing my thing, and forgetting to let Him lead.  And I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's the same with you too.  Out of sight, out of mind.......if we don't acknowledge God in our everyday then chances are we aren't thinking of Him throughout our day.  Which is why it is so important that we surround ourselves with God.  We have to train our brains to notice the details in life.  Put God in our visual so He will be on our mind.

Friends, even when it is cloudy we need to be able to find God.  We have to trust that He is there, still working on our behalf.  We have to look for Him on purpose, find Him in our everyday activities and keep Him on our minds.  It is the only way we can cope on those really cloudy days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!