Friday, April 24, 2015

Give!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

For many this verse is familiar, and sometimes when something is familiar to us it loses its value, and we take it for granted. What I love is that God's word is alive and active. (Hebrews 4:12) His word can speak to us in different ways, though never changing the core of the message. 
Yesterday we had a speaker at school. The essence of his message was a challenge to do something everyday to make someone's life better.  I thought on this a lot throughout the day. What can I do to help others? What can I do to make someone else smile?  As the day ended, John 3:16 came to my heart. God's son was sacrificed for each of us when we didn't deserve it. We can do nothing to earn this gift. It was freely given for each of us. As I mulled the verse through my mind asking God to reveal what he wanted me to learn, the word "gave" just popped up in big letters!
The essence of love is 'giving'. God gave and he continues to give us good things. It doesn't matter so much what I give, but rather that I give! Serving one another is the gift of love... giving. Giving a smile, giving a hug, giving a gift of a service, giving a meal. Giving! Giving! Giving!
Our joy comes in giving! So, what can you give from your heart today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!