Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Who Am I?

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭1‬:‭11-12‬ MSG)

Have you ever felt as though you've lost yourself? Have you questioned your identity and what you were to do and why you were placed on this earth? I have. About 3 years ago I looked in the mirror one day to see empty eyes looking back at me. The look scared me. It was hollow and lifeless. In the bustle of life, I had lost my life. I looked in the mirror and asked myself some tough questions. "What's your favorite color?" "Where would you go eat if you could choose a place to eat?" I know what you're thinking as you chuckle," Wow! Those were really tough questions," And I know that they seem simple, but to someone who's lost their identity they were extremely hard to answer. I knew my children's favorites, my husband' preferences, but I knew nothing of myself. And thus began a search to find myself. 
As I was reading scripture one day I read today's verse and realized that my identity wasn't in being a wife, a mom, an employee, or any task I did. My identity is rooted in Christ. He is my identity. I am a Christian, And in Him I find who I am. He pre-planned my life. He has a purpose for me and  best of all, He loves me relentlessly. 
So, if today you are feeling lost within your own skin, pick up your Bible and ask God to reveal himself and His purpose for your life. As you learn to walk and talk with Jesus you will find out who you are and what you are living for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!