Thursday, April 23, 2015

Get Out Of Bed!

But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God.  The night is about over, dawn is about to break.  Be up and awake to what God is doing!  God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed.  We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight.  Get out of bed and get dressed!  Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute.  Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about! 
Romans 13:11-14 Msg.

This scripture spoke loudly to me today.  Ever since we returned home from vacation about a month ago I have been struggling to wake up early for my quiet time.  Instead I wait for my kids to get on the bus and then I sit down with Him.  The problem with that is my dedication to waking up early for God had diminished.  I was slowly taking steps away from Him because my commitment was fading.  I felt horrible about it and every day my intentions were good but I couldn't overcome the temptation of my snooze button!  While I'm not proud of this, I am very thankful that God answers my prayers.  I have been asking Him to help me wake up and the last couple days He has, wide eyed before my alarm even goes off.  But this version of this scripture was perfect, and straight from Him.......' Be up and awake to what God is doing!'.......'Get out of bed and get dressed!'.......'be up and about'......yes He was loud and clear for me today :)  It's those little things that sometimes make me smile.  I'm just sorry I am sometimes too busy to notice.  Too tempted to sleep in and I miss out on some good stuff!  

Another thing I love is you will get something totally different from this scripture.  God can use it to speak something way different to you.  Share with us!  What is God speaking to your heart through this very descriptive warning?  Read it over and over, let it sink in and meditate on it throughout your day.  Chances are He has something very important for you ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!