Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Don't Let Busyness Keep You Away!


Spring is such a busy time of year, for me, almost worse than the holiday season. I want to clean out my house, freshen it up, and reorganize. Ballgames and practices consume evenings and Saturdays. End of the year papers and processes need to be completed at work. Summer plans need finalized. Gardens and the yard need cleaning, pruning, and preparation. It's just so busy!

Busyness is a tool of distraction by our enemy. Busyness keeps us from God as I recently realized. In all my busyness I've recently spent less time each day alone with God. Then, a sudden life storm blew in without warning. God felt so far away. At the end of the day, I was exhausted. I had spent so much energy trying to find my way back to God. I was scouring scripture, asking, and worrying. When I could have been safely resting in his arms to begin with that morning. 

For this reason, we must, especially on the busy days, take time to draw near to God. We are to remain in him, and we do that by reading his word, taking time out to listen to what he's telling us, and remembering his faithfulness. When we know a busy season, day, or even portion of a day is approaching, we must plan ahead. Not only in the events and tasks that need to be completed, but plan to make time for quiet moments with the Lord. 



Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!