Thursday, September 18, 2014

Run With Purpose

All athletes practice strict self-control.  They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.  So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step.  I am not like a boxer who misses his punches.
1 Corinthians 9:25-26

There isn't a lot I can add to this scripture.  It speaks very clearly on its own.  As christians we have one goal in mind.  We have been given a great responsibility to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Mathew 28:19).  The steps we take should be leading towards that one goal, reaching the "finish line" having lead many people to Christ and helping God's children along the way.  Our love for God should be the motivating factor behind every action we take.  So we run straight to the goal with purpose in every step!

Are you doing the things that matter in life?  When you reach your finish line will it be obvious what your purpose was in life?  Will one be able to trace your steps and know that you were a follower of Christ and that you devoted yourself to loving God and loving others?  Who will shake your hand when you reach that finish line and say "thank you for helping me reach Jesus", or "thank you for leading me to Christ and for loving me when no-one else would"?  And the steps that you take, are they with purpose every day?  Like a boxer are you wasting your punches, or are you running straight toward your goal?  Are you placing God's call, on your heart, first, as you make decisions for your future and every day activities?  Lot's of things to think about today as I sit meditating over this scripture.  It may be time for me to evaluate my life and the steps that I am taking to reach my finish line.

Dear God, I want to run with purpose!  I don't want to waste my time fretting over things that don't matter and I especially don't want to miss the mark!  Through Your Word show me the areas that I need to work on and help me develop self-control, training my mind to put your eternal purpose at the center of my heart.  Grow me and prepare me to meet your children who need direction.  Give me wisdom to discern my role in helping them meet you face to face some day.  Help me be content with what you want and where you have me.  I love you with all of my heart.  Thank you for being my running partner, never getting too far ahead or falling back behind.  Right beside me you stay encouraging me all the way.  In Jesus' Name..........AMEN!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!