Thursday, September 4, 2014

"I'm Bowing Down To Who?"

Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him the nations of the world and all their glory.  "I will give it all to you", he said, "if you will only kneel down and worship me."
Matthew 4:8-9

So I read this scripture and for the first time I saw something I have never before.  Unfortunately it wasn't one of those moments that made me jump for joy or even smile.  No, this time I felt a little sick to my stomach and wanted to punch myself for all the times I put my desires and worldly plans in front of God's.  For the first time God made it clear to me that when I put worldly fame and worldly plans in front of His will I am bowing down to satan.  When I take matters into my own hands I am joining satan's side and bowing down to him.......worldly answers and ideas that don't go along with God's plan for me.  Even when I say things before speaking or agree to ideas and actions that don't match up with God's will, I am putting my trust in satan, and bowing down to his methods and his answers to my problems.  Yes, it was a real kick in the face but something I needed to hear and understand.  I praise God for speaking to me.  I praise Him for the time we can spend together.  I praise Him for His guidance, even when it hurts, because ultimately I want to live like Jesus.  As christians, this is our goal, and so we are always changing and growing.  God is always shaping us and turning us into the person He has dreamed for us to be.  And when I can accept that and know that deep in my heart, that is the moment I can smile and jump for joy!


My dear friends, my heart leaps for you all.  Ever since I really understood the importance of knowing God and having a personal relationship with Him I have wanted to share that feeling with the world.  My prayer for you is to find God on an intimate level so that you are anticipating your time with Him every day.  I want you to feel His presence in your life and trust Him with your entire being!  I want you to read scripture and feel Him speaking to you!  I praise God for you!  Please if there is ever a topic you need help with, or if you ever need prayer, Mary and I want you to email us.  It would be our blessing to help you out.  We don't have all the answers but our Big God does and together we can pray and search His Word.  I pray for just one of you, and you know who you are, to speak up and take your life with God to the next level.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!