Wednesday, September 10, 2014

God's Word......

Revives - I lie in the dust, completely discouraged; revive me by your word. Ps 119:25

Encourages - I weep with grief; encourage me by your word. Ps 119:28

Gives Life - Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Ps 119:37

Gives Hope - May all who fear you find in me cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.  Ps 119:74 
                      I faint with longing for your salvation; but I have put my hope in your word. Ps 119:81
                     You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my only source of hope.  Ps 119:114
                      I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words.  Ps 119:147

Sweet To Taste - How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey.  Ps 119:103

Lights Our Path - Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Ps 119:105
                              As your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them.  Ps 119:130

Guides and Protects - Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by any evil.   Ps 119:133

Brings Joy - I rejoice in your word like one who finds a great treasure.  Ps 119:162

In Psalm 119, alone, there are many examples of what God's word can do for us.  In reading it today I was reminded that His Word is the most important thing we could ever carry with us in life.  If we are alone, God's Word can take the place of a friend.  If we are afraid, His Word can calm our fears and give us hope.  When we are lost we can read God's Word and it will give us guidance and light up our path.  His Word is sweet to the taste, just hearing it can give us wisdom.  The Word revives the soul and gives us energy to get back up and face the future.  Through His Word God can encourage, give life and protect us.  It is absolutely amazing everything God's Word is to us!  No wonder so many people are lost, afraid, lonely and tired.  If we aren't reading the Bible and living by God's Word then we are poor.  God First Friends, I ask you to open your bible today and find more examples of the power of God's word in your life.  But most importantly I want to encourage you to be strong and confident in His Word.  Trust in the power of the Bible and live by God's Word daily.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!