Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Glorious Power Is Not My Own

But this precious treasure - this light and power that now shine within us - is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies.  So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own.
2 Corinthians 4:7

If nothing ever went wrong in our lives and if we always got our way then we may never need to count on God, thus never proclaiming to the world the power that God has to save and heal.  I love this scripture from 2 Corinthians because it reminds me that my problems and my hurts are my chance to share God's love and power with the people in my life.  When we allow others to see our "weak bodies", we also have the opportunity to show them God's power.  A power that can't be see in the independent person who is "strong" appearing to have everything due to his or her own ability and strength.  In recent years I have seen the power of a weak body.  Someone who admits she can't do it on her own.  A person who can still has the strength to stand, presenting peace and joy even when the world seems to be caving in around her.  Nothing short of a miracle!  Now that is the power of God that we have within us, by admitting we are weak, it appears to others that we are strong.  And we are indeed strong in the Lord!  

I have learned, through personal experience,  that pretending we have it all together, that our strength is our own, only leaves us weaker in the end.  We exhaust ourselves trying to look good on the outside when we are dying on the inside.  But when we allow God to give us a "makeover" we can look good and strong and still have energy left over to share our peace and joy with others.  We can give God the glory for our ability to stand.  

Friend, if you have problems in your life, whether they are big or small, let God be your strength.  Stop trying to do all the work on your own!  Don't be afraid to let your own weakness show, stand up and let the power of God transform you.  Share with others your worry and pain, admit your failure and show others around you that, although your world is caving in, by the power of God, you can stand.  I can tell you that things in my life are complicated right now.  I have so many things that are out of my control, things that have the potential to hurt me deeply but my own power can't touch them.  My own ability only seems to make things appear worse than they are.  So I present my weakness to God and others.  I have to show that the reason I can stand through this is because God is giving me strength.  He gives me peace through His promises.  He stays faithful to my needs and desires, He truly wants what's best for me and He loves me so much! Dear friend God loves you so much and He wants to help you!  Show your weakness and He will show off His strength!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!