Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Who Said That?


“Let me set this before you as plainly as I can. If a person climbs over or through the fence of a sheep pen instead of going through the gate, you know he’s up to no good—a sheep rustler! The shepherd walks right up to the gate. The gatekeeper opens the gate to him and the sheep recognize his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he gets them all out, he leads them and they follow because they are familiar with his voiceThey won’t follow a stranger’s voice but will scatter because they aren’t used to the sound of it.” John 10:1-5 MSG

I awoke in a panic. A terrible thought ran through my mind. I was alarmed and couldn't shake the feeling of panic for a few moments. I began to pray, "God, don't let this be true." As I prayed, my fear subsided and a peace swept over me as I realized that it wasn't the voice of God that had alarmed me. God speaks to me tenderly; he lovingly sweeps over my soul when I need to know something. He isn't a God of panic and fear. The enemy tried to alarm me, but his tactics didn't work because I know my shepherd's voice. 

Many times, Satan tries to trick us through our emotions. At times we may feel fear, doubt, or guilt. These are not of Jesus. They are tricks of the enemy and are to be rebuked as soon as we recognize that the voice doesn't match our shepherd. Jesus convicts not condemns. He provides peace not panic. He brings healing not pain. He is comfort not fear.

As you walk with Jesus, listen for his voice. He will call tenderly and softly. Learn to recognize His ways so that you are not deceived by the enemy who has entered your mind and is up to no good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!