Friday, August 29, 2014

His Disciples Believed In Him

This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was Jesus' first display of His Glory and His disciples believed in Him.  
John 2:11

If you haven't read about the wedding in Galilee I encourage you to dig into John chapter 2 and learn about Jesus' first miracle He perfumed during His 3 year "tour".  The wedding party had run out of wine, which was a big deal back in His day, and His mother asked Him to perform a miracle for the family.  I won't go into detail everything that happened because I want you to read it yourself.  The reason this scripture caught my eye was because after one miracle His disciples believed in Him.  They must have all been doubting in His true identity but after seeing one miracle they were in.  My question to you and myself is this: If they believed after one miracle why is it then so hard for us to believe and trust after the many, many miracles we receive every day?  I see Jesus' hand in my own life several times in one day and I have the bible to read of His many miracles of the past.  I have promises of God's power and glory all over in the bible.  I see His hand in my own life but, at times, I still want to doubt.  The disciples were very encouraged by Jesus.  They knew that he was very special.  They were drawn to Him at the moment they met him but, like us all, they were skeptical, especially when problems arose.  They liked Jesus and wanted to trust Him and follow Him but until they saw this one miracle they still questioned who He was.  They also had no idea this miracle was coming so I'm sure it shocked them to see their friend defy the laws of nature.  But how often do we seen God's power in our own lives or the lives of others?  The birth of a baby, healing of a sick friend,  the transformation of an unbelievers heart, and through the beauty of this earth and the miracles that bloom every day and set every night?  My friends, if we are doubting Jesus' true identity and doubting God's power in our lives then there may be no help for us.  How much more proof do we need?  After all, His disciples needed only one miracle.......how many miracles will it take us?  

Dear God, thank You for your miracles every day.  Forgive me when I overlook them and take for granted the very things that prove Your existence in my life.  I love you so much and dedicate my day to looking for your miracles and believing, never doubting again, that you are my Savior and my Rock.  In Jesus' Name....Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!