Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Acceptable Thoughts

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

So often I think of this verse and only apply it to the things I say.  Today I was reminded that God knows my heart and He knows the things that run through my mind daily.  Even though I may not talk about my worries, God knows that they can consume my thoughts, at times.  Sometimes I don't act on my insecurities but by thinking about them over and over, without giving them to God, can say to Him that I don't trust Him.  To meditate is to think deeply or focus our mind on something for a long time.  I don't believe it is acceptable to God when I focus on my problem for long periods.  He asks that we hand our problems over to Him and to trust Him with fixing them, but if we are constantly worrying and thinking of ways to fix our problems, then our mediations are not something God finds pleasing.  When, in our hearts, we hold worry and distrust God will see that we are not ready to hand over our lives to His will.  

I don't want this to be my story.  I want to trust God with everything and I don't want to be consumed with worry.  Every day I have to read His Word and be reminded of His faithfulness.  Every day I have to remind myself that God is bigger than my problem and I have to align my prayers with His will and wait on Him to save me.  I can't, for even a moment, start to try and fix things or analyze my problem because my human mind can't think beyond what I know, which is way less than God, of course.  I want my meditation to be on God's promise to hear my prayers.  I wan't to meditate on God's ability to give me the desires of my heart, and trust in Him to deliver.  I hope that my mediation is focused on all that God can do, including the things I do not comprehend nor can I imagine.  

Dear God, I want to please you with my words and my thoughts.  My dream is to have so much faith that I will never question your ability to answer my prayers and to solve my problems.  Help me refocus on those days that I start to meditate on the negative and on my self sufficiency.  Guide me to meditate on those things that will bring peace and align with Your will.  In Jesus' Name, Amen           

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!