Saturday, August 9, 2014

Jesus In Us

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:13

I often wonder if people, when they meet with me, can see Jesus in me.  Can those I come in contact with understand, just by hearing me speak, that I know Jesus?  Is my relationship with Jesus made known through my actions?  Peter and John were arrested because they had been preaching to thousands that Jesus had risen from death.  The people who heard them believed, and totaled almost 5,000 that day.  The next day the Jewish leaders and elders met with the High Priest to question Peter and John.  The two spoke with such confidence.  They were full of the Holy Spirit when they answered the leaders' question.  Through their boldness and possibly something physical that the High Priests saw and heard that day, it was evident that Peter and John had been with Jesus.  

I want my actions and words to be bold and so Holy Spirit filled that people know that I know Jesus!  It breaks my heart to think of all the times I could have shown my relationship with Christ to so many but my choice of actions and speech stopped it.  I am ashamed of some of the opportunities I let slip away because I chose to speak from my human nature instead of letting the Holy Spirit lead.  Think of your life.....do people know, by hearing you speak, that you have a relationship with Jesus?  Are they so impressed by your loving actions, your bold expressions, your confident, loving speech that they know right away that you have been with Jesus?  Peter and John were not scholars of their time. They did not hold high rank, and they were not considered knowledgeable, but through their speech that day people knew that they had been with Jesus.  You and I don't have to be smart.  We don't have to be public speakers or college professors to speak with boldness and to act in love like Jesus did.  All we have to do is ask the Holy Spirit to live through us and slow down enough to let Him lead.  It isn't easy, I know first hand, but every day is a new gift and a chance to live differently.  My prayer for you and myself is that we get serious about living our life with Christlike motives.  I want us to take God seriously and treat people just as Jesus would.  I want people to see Jesus in us and I want that to start today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!