Monday, August 18, 2014

Gracious Speech

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

Today begins a new school year. For me that is always my fresh start, even more so than New Year's Day! This time of year involves new crayons (my favorite), new classes, new students, new friends, and a chance to do things a new way.
This verse inspires me to be more alert about how I talk this year and also to be alert about the conversations I listen to around me. Christ finds the best in us and when there is a negative, he works to make it better. I want to adopt this attitude of love also.
I've seen this acrostic before and am posting it throughout my daily path:
T- truthful
H-helpful
I-in love
N-necessary
K- kind
Let us all "think" before we speak. Let us speak gracious words led by the Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!