Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Joy Made Full


Are you wishing this picture described you right now?  Do you search for a joy that overflows from you?  Do you seek that confident feeling that takes all worry and doubt away, the ability to see through your pain and suffering with a perspective that is God focused and not "me" focused?  Jesus says that His words can do just that.  In the following scripture he claims that everything He tells us is so that we can possess His joy.  His Words can fill us up with Joy to an overflowing state.  It's as simple as opening our bibles..........

Jesus says, I have told you these things, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.
John 15:11

When we spend time in God's Word, it's as if we are spending time with Him.  Because God is not able to be with us in the physical sense, reading The Bible is our way of having a conversation with Him.  We can ask Him questions about life and the tough situations we deal with daily.  His answers are found in parables and in simple phrases.  He tells us stories that can make a person laugh or cry.  There is a whole, amazing person just waiting to carry on a friendship with us!

In this scripture Jesus tells us that by spending time with Him and listening to Him we can be filled with Joy.  He tells us so many wonderful things through God's Word all because He loves us and wants us to have confident hope and joy until we are made full and overflowing.  

Dear God, help me to focus on you today.  Give me time in your Word so that I can carry on a conversation with You and that You can fill me with Your joy.  I want to be so confident in You and the control that You have over my life, and I want to overflow for my friends and family to see.  Thank you for loving me and reaching out to me.  In Jesus' Name.....Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!