Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Looking Back At My Day

My alarm sounded off and it was time, once again, to wake up.  After hitting snooze a couple of times the first thoughts on my mind are of thanksgiving to God for giving me another day to serve Him.  As I go through my list of prayer requests I pause to spend extra time on one particular subject.  While I was pouring my heart out to God over this one particular person in my life, a text came through on my phone.  It read:  "Psalm 18:30.......God's way is perfect.  All the Lords promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection."  I couldn't do anything but smile and reply to the sender that she had perfect timing, but of course we all know Who has the perfect timing ;) 

As my day continued I went about my normal morning routine.  After the kids went off to school and I fed the baby I was able to get out for a walk.  My walk was so peaceful with just the sound of crickets, or whatever those bugs were, and an occasional babble coming from the front of the stroller. I began to pray to God about one particular subject (yes the same one I prayed for just hours earlier).  I kept talking to God about my situation and finally just asked the Holy Spirit to pray for me because I just didn't know how to pray anymore.  Everything I knew told me to stop thinking about my situation.  I had handed it over to God once again and I knew I needed to stop thinking about it.  I got home from my walk and just kept thinking over things, replaying scenarios, questioning the what ifs and just obsessing over this one subject that I had no control over.  After I handed it over, again, to God, I text my best friend and accountability partner and confessed my issue at hand.  She soon  responded with her much appreciated advice: "Get a scripture on paper.  Read and recite it over and over.  Keep it short and repetitive.  Enough to keep your mind from wandering.  I'm praying for you right now."

It was what I needed to hear.  First of all I knew my GFF was praying for me which was so so comforting.  But something as simple as reciting God's Word over and over to get my attention off of my struggle and onto Him, was just great advice.  Remember my scripture that came through earlier that morning?  Yep, just one more reason to believe in God's perfect timing.  I know without a doubt that my God was with me today.  In fact, I know that He led my day.  He had already played it out and got everything in order that I would need for this very day.  He gave me scripture and a best friend to give me sound advice.  And what is even better.......He gave me His peace that took over as soon I began digging in His Word and reciting scripture.  

Dear God, I just love looking back at my day and seeing your hand all over it.  Thank You for loving me so much that You take the time to care about my day.  You go before me and You stand behind watching over me but most importantly You are right beside me holding my hand.  There is no place I would rather be!  Thank you for being patient with me when I have days where I have trouble letting go of things.  Thank You for Your Word to bring my focus back on You and away from my situation. 
In Jesus' Name, Amen            

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!