Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sing a New Song!

"Sing a new song to the Lord! Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Sing to the Lord; bless his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves!" Psalm 96:1-2

I'm truly not gifted in the realm of music, but I love to sing! And in my mind I'm much like the girl pictured here... Awesome! So I love that God loves to hear me sing his praises. 
This verse had a new meaning to me the other day though. I didn't read it as encouragement to literally sing to the Lord. You see, my joy had been waining. I felt like I was in a spiritual rut. Going through the motions, but not feeling the joy of the Lord. Then I read this verse and felt the Spirit nudge me to praise God for something new. I began to look around me and notice small things- the beauty of a spiderweb, the full gas tank in my car, a smile from a stranger. And I started praising God for different things not just the same old same old! I began to notice blessings that were there all along, but because my prayers had become stagnant I had failed to notice. This perspective changed my heart as well, and the joy of the Lord slowly began to saturate my dried up heart!
Today, Sing a new song to the Lord! Look for new ways to praise him and watch the joy of the Lord overcome your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!