Monday, May 26, 2014

No Secrets

I've felt led to write this blog for a few days now and the desire is not leaving me, so here it is. There was a time in my life that confusion resulted in sin. I was misled by others' words. My confusion challenged my beliefs. So silently, I remained in sin and confusion. It wasn't until I was at the bottom of a dark, scary pit that I decided I needed help. I called out to a friend and spilled everything; every detail was shared be it good, bad, or ugly. It was then that I could go to God for confession and healing. Truth emerged in the light of day.  This verse sums up my experience:
     "When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
       For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
       Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.
       I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.' And you forgave the guilt of my sin."
                  Psalm 32-3-5 NIV

Dear GFF,
I don't know what you're going through. I don't know if it's your sin or that of another that is hurting you, but I want you to know that either way I know your hurt. Don't remain silent. Tell a friend or a family member. Seek wise counsel. If it's too personal, you can email us anonymously, and we will search scripture to help you see truth and find your way to freedom. We are here for you!

Dear Lord,
Give our friends courage today to begin the journey to freedom and healing. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!