Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Faith Legacy


“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” 
3 John 1:4

The apostle John writes here about his Christian brothers and sisters and the joy he is experiencing because of their desire to live for the Lord. They have faithfully done the work God set before them. 
As a mom, it is my heart’s desire that my children and grandchildren will make my faith their own. I do not want them to ride the shirttails of my faith. Even the Indianapolis Colts used “Make it personal’ as their NFL slogan last year.  And the same is true of our faith. Faith is useless until it becomes who we are and not just what we say or do. 
Storms have come and are still brewing in our lives. This morning I am reminded that in the storm, Jesus is the calm. My children know the Lord. They have been trained in his ways. It is now their choice to respond to his call as the storms of life rage. They can choose shelter in his love, or they can try to fill their aching hearts with other substitutes. I have no greater joy today than to receive a note from one of my dear children saying in the face of trials, “Thanks Mom, for being a great influence and giving me a faith of my own!” Thank you Lord, for making yourself real to my children!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Today we give you are children. Regardless of their age we offer them to you and ask that you deepen their faith. Grow them in their knowledge of your love and teach them to love like you do! Protect them from the evil one and strengthen them by your power. For the honor of your name, make them your true disciples.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!