Friday, May 2, 2014

More Than a Back Up Plan

Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16 NLT

Are you fully dependent upon God? Do you share with him all your hurts, needs, wants, and desires? Do you listen to his Word and seek it daily? This, my friend is what God desires. He wants to know you intimately and be known by you intimately. It's why his relationship with us through Jesus is built on the image of marriage, the complete knowing of each other. The true image of love.
God wants to be a part of everything you do. He wants you to include him; that's why he's always accessible to you, 24-7-365. If he only wanted to talk to you when your plans failed, when a crisis arose, or when you needed something, he'd offer limited access. But God wants to be more than your 'back up plan' when you can't handle things on your own. He desires complete intimacy. It is something we learn over time as we learn of his faithfulness. As we learn of his character our response is to open up more and more. When we learn to ask before we proceed with our own plans, God is delighted to guide and direct us. Yes, he will always rescue us when we wander or make mistakes, but his true desire is that we seek him first, not after!

Dear Lord,
Teach me to be fully dependent upon you. Guide my words, transform my thoughts and humble me before you. Lord, I don't want to use you as a 'back up plan.' Teach me to seek you first and not only in an emergency. Deepen my desire to know you more intimately and to open up and share my true self with you. In your beautiful name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!