Saturday, May 17, 2014

Love Never Fails


Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)  Have you ever put this into your every day?  It is often attached to marriage but do you use this as an answer in your everyday life when faced with questions and issues that you don't know how to handle?  Has love ever been your first choice of defense or the answer to a problem with someone?  Lately I have been hearing so many unfortunate stories of people who don't understand what it means to love others.  Everywhere there are families being split up by divorce.  There are parents who can't put their selfish desires aside to do what is best for their children, so they are put into foster care.  I see people, young and old, hurting each other with unkind words, gossip and rumors.  Respect seems to be at an all time low, in my opinion, and people are hurting others for selfish reasons, they want what they want without caring what it does to the other person involved.  Even christians are misunderstanding what love really is.  So many of us are hurting the very people God sent us to the world to love.  Instead of standing our ground against sin some take it too far and hate the sinner, as well.  Even I am guilty of not loving the way I should at times.  Unfortunately I catch myself speaking out of line with my children or joining in gossip when I know it is wrong.  My prayer today is straight from God's word.  I ask God to forgive me for my unwillingness, at times, to love the way He does.  I ask Him to forgive us all and to show us where we need to love more.  As I walk my faith journey I see more clearly that life isn't about me at all but about loving everyone around me.       

 I pray that your love will keep on growing more and more, together with true knowledge and perfect judgment, so that you will be able to choose what is best. Then you will be free from all impurity and blame on the Day of Christ. Your lives will be filled with the truly good qualities which only Jesus Christ can produce, for the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!