Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ask For Wisdom

"Give me an understanding mine so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong.  For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?"
1 Kings 3:9

Instead of asking for power and all things selfish, Solomon asked for the wisdom to lead his people.  He was more concerned about the task at hand and getting it done God's way, than for selfish gain.  So many times when I pray I give God specifics and I can easily get caught up praying selfishly and thinking only within my circle of needs.  

The Lord was pleased that Solomon asked for wisdom.  So God replied, "Because you have asked for wisdom in governing my people with justice and have not asked for a long life or wealth or the death of your enemies - I will give you what you asked for!  I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have!  And I will also give you what you did not ask for - riches and fame!  No other king in all the world will be compared to you for the rest of your life!
1 Kings 3:10-13

In reading this I have learned the importance of asking God for guidance in helping me make the right decisions.  His wisdom is all anyone needs to live life according to His will and to stay aligned with Him.  Friends, I hope this gives you a new perspective of your prayer life, and like me you will begin to make the needed changes to stay within God's abundant blessings and pray for His guidance and wisdom in your circumstances instead of objects and specifics for a quick, selfish gain.  God says He will bless us!  When we ask for His assistance and wisdom God will give us everything we ask for and more!  Instead of asking God to do His work through us and for us let us ask for the wisdom to know what to do and the courage to follow through.

Related readings: James 1:5, Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 2:3-4, Proverbs 3:15        

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!