Monday, May 5, 2014

Lead With Singing And Praise

After consulting with the people, the king ordered some musicians to put on the robes they wore on sacred occasions and to march ahead of the army, singing: “Praise the Lord! His love is eternal!”
2 Chronicles 20:21

Three large armies declared war on King Jehoshaphat.  They where headed his way and his best tactical idea was to assign some musicians to go before his army singing praises to God!  That just makes me smile.  The people of Judah and Jerusalem were so confident in God that even though they were on the verge of being attacked by 3 large armies they were determined to praise God, thanking Him ahead of time for His help and protection...........
When they began to sing, the Lord threw the invading armies into a panic.  The Ammonites and the Moabites attacked the Edomite army and completely destroyed it, and then they turned on each other in savage fighting.  When the Judean army reached a tower that was in the desert, they looked toward the enemy and saw that they were all lying on the ground dead. Not one had escaped (2 Chronicles 20:23-24).

Go God!  He is so faithful to show up and fight for us when we are faithful enough to trust Him with our battles.  He will never let us down when we put our trust in Him and His will for us.  How often do we choose this defense when we are headed into battle?  Which of us can confidently sing praises to God when we are in the midst of turmoil?  Fear is such a natural response for people who know something bad is on the way.  People will immediately try and make plans to fight back.  They will consult other people, find answers in books, or take matters into their own hands.  Very seldom do they ask God first and something you don't see very often is singing and dancing leading the way.  First of all you have to understand that these people weren't praising God for the battle but they were praising God because they trusted that He would fight for them.  They were terrified of the battle ahead and had just gotten done fasting and praying for God's help.  No they weren't excited about the battle but they were putting their complete trust in God and they weren't afraid to praise Him for what He was about to do.  

What would it look like if we were to choose this method before we headed to battle?  On our way to the doctors office awaiting that diagnosis, leading our child to the operating table, or walking into that courtroom.  What if we were able to thank God ahead of time and trust Him with our fight?  And look at the outcome........they spent 3 days gathering loot from the three armies and had to head back leaving some behind!  God blessed them abundantly!  They returned to the city with praises ringing, celebrating God's faithfulness in their victory over the enemy and they lived in peace from there on out.  God responded to their faith in Him and He will respond to our faith, as well.  He will reward us for trusting Him and being a witness to those around us because His name is on the line.  Next time you are facing a battle sing out your praises to God for the guidance and protection He is about to provide.  Trust in Him to pull you through and bring you victory.  Thank Him for His provision before you even receive it.  He will give you victory and more, blessing you for your faith in Him. 

Dear God, I have a tough battle ahead and I want to praise you for what you are going to accomplish for me.  I can't fight on my own and I know that no tactic is more reliable than trusting in You to give me victory.  I admit that I am scared of this fight and at times I don't have strength to stand but I trust that You will hold me up and fight for me.  I will praise You because You are faithful to hear my call and You will protect me from my enemies.  I will sing Your praises and share with everyone my strength and confidence that comes from knowing You are on my side.  Thank You God!  You are awesome and perfect and good!  Amen   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!