Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Be Faithful


And the Lord replied, “A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them.  If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward.  I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns.  But what if the servant thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk?  The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant in pieces and banish him with the unfaithful.
“And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn’t prepared and doesn’t carry out those instructions, will be severely punished.
Luke 12:42-47

Every day I am praising God for His faithfulness.  It is evident that He is working in all circumstances and on those rare occasions I don't see His work I am confident and hopeful that He is still there.  I have, in fact, come to expect God's provision and I no doubt take Him for granted all too much, but Great is His faithfulness unto me!  As I was reading a devotion yesterday it dawned on me that as much as God is faithful to me He expects the same faithfulness from me.  God needs me to be faithful in my affairs.  He has laid people on my heart, and tasks in front of me that He needs me to accomplish.  I am useful to God, a vessel that He has chosen to help accomplish His work on earth.  All throughout the bible we learn of those people who God chose to do His work.  We are all called to do things for God, not to earn our way into heaven, but to team up with our Master and accomplish His will.  We are His stewards called to do many things through the power of the Holy Spirit.  

So next time you are in prayer and you are praising God for His faithfulness think about your own faithfulness to Him.  Are you listening to His voice?  Do you obey when you hear Him calling?  It is essential to spend time in His word so that we recognize His voice and we know what He is calling us to do.  In order to relate to God and understand the things He asks of us, we must be backed by biblical truth because that is how we identify, and reject whatever is sinful, poorly timed or simply not fit for God's children.  Friend, if He is knocking on the door of your heart, let Him in and listen to what He asks of you........be faithful with the stories He shares and the ideas He gives you.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!