Friday, May 23, 2014

Increase Your Faith!

The apostles said to The Lord, "Show us how to increase our faith."
Luke 17:5

I am finding that my faith is growing as I put my trust in God.  When I look back on all of the things I have felt God asking of me, I recall feeling very inadequate for each task.  Every time I experience a faith surge I am acting outside of myself and doing something very uncomfortable.  The only way we can increase our faith is to see God work in our lives and the only way to see Him work is to do something that we can't do on our own.   When we are willing to leave our comfort zone, and pursue the things God asks of us, we are putting ourselves in the position to grow our faith.  We have to put ourselves out there, in a vulnerable position, where we are incapable of succeeding without the help of God.  If we continue doing the things that are comfortable and easy we will never need God's help and will seldom seek His guidance or wisdom, but if we place ourselves in a position where we feel unqualified, then we will have to turn to God for help.  Every time God asks us to move for Him it means it is time to grow.  He is telling us that we are ready to gain a newer understanding of Him and that it's time to increase our faith.  So we have two choices...........1) stay comfortable where we are and disobey God's call.......... 2)  get uncomfortable, take that step of faith and obey His call.  It is the easiest but hardest decision you may every make, and the most rewarding growing you closer to God and stronger in your faith.       


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!