Sunday, May 18, 2014

Be a "Wait"er



“Wait!” I have had the Lord put this word before me so many times in the last few years. Every time things got rough, when I thought I couldn’t go on anymore, I would get a “wait” scripture. I have been working with God on an issue for a long time. A lot of the time I spent trying to figure things out on my own. Feeling that I had to ‘do something’ to help the solution come about. Yet, I’m still in the waiting. 
Again last week I was at the breaking point. The fire of refinement had been turned up to intense! I wanted to quit. But throughout the day, through various devotions God spoke to me 5 times about patience, waiting, and  persevering. The final scripture of the day was, “And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.” (Hebrews 6:15) Hope soared through my soul! 

I have now been meditating on the word ‘wait’ for the last 8 days. Then today as I dried my hair I nearly dropped the hairdryer as a thought crossed my heart. Yes, my heart and not my mind! It seemed to come directly from God. You see, he has put a ministry on my heart. Something I can get scared about the enormity of if I ponder the thought too long. A ministry that will change my life and the lives of others. But because of circumstance, I have put it off. I was ‘waiting’ on God to fix this certain circumstance before I stepped out to do what He has asked me to do. But as I stood there today, God said, “Wait, Mary! Wait on me! As if you are a waiter. Serve me. Do my business. Wait on me! Hand the circumstance over to me fully, and get on about My business.” Instantly, I envisioned myself carrying a tray above my head. Serving! Doing the Lord’s business! I saw myself moving gracefully between crowded, elegantly decorated tables. And I was smiling and enjoying myself. See the irony is I’ve always said if there’s one job I could never do it would be that of a waitress. Well, guess what! Today I got a new job! I’m a waiting on my Lord! And as I hand over the circumstance, I am so excited to see what He will have me do next!

Related Scripture:
Psalm 5:4, Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 40:1, James 5:7, Romans 5:3b-4a, James 5:11, Hebrews 6:15
Psal



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!