Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Good Laugh



I woke up late one morning which caused me to rush a bit as I prepared for work. In order to save a few moments, I decided not to wash my hair. I brushed it out, flipped it into a messy do on the top of my head and put a clip in it. Looking in the mirror I thought, "Not too bad!" After a few finishing touches, I headed out the door.
I arrived at school and set about the morning tasks in my first grade classroom. As I moved around the room, my mind was a bit scattered as I ran through the list of tasks I needed to accomplish. Out of the corner of my eye I saw 2 little girls looking at me as they talked in hushed tones. With her thumb poked out and moving in a hitch-hiker manner in my direction, the taller of the two girls said, "You know it's gonna be a bad day when her hair looks like that!"
I immediately had to turn away because I was laughing so hard! I have honestly laughed at that little comment off and on for a few weeks now. But today as I thought about it I was reminded of the following verse:
 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 NIV   
As Christians we need to be reminded that others are watching. They are looking to see what we wear, how we speak, and what we do or don't do in various situations. Just like this little girl reminded me, my outward appearance (facial expressions, attitude, and actions) might just be saying more than I think. 
She also reminded me that laughter is great medicine! And it looks good to others too!
"A cheerful disposition is good for your health, gloom and doom leave you bone-tired." Proverbs 17:22 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!