Saturday, May 3, 2014

Daddy Save Me

"Bend down and listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be for me a great rock of safety, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this peril." Psalm 31:2-3




David understood stress. He knew what it felt like to be attacked and surrounded by those whose evil ways were meant to harm him. 

We can learn a lot from David. His example of  total dependence on God is absolutely beautiful. To begin with, he didn't view God as some distant, uncaring Deity. David called God to come right into the midst of his trials. David says, "Bend down and listen to me." I just love this phrase. I love it when a Daddy gets down on one knee as his child talks. When a daddy comes to eye level, this simple action says, "I'm here for you. I understand. Don't be afraid." It is a gesture of love and compassion. David knew his Abba, Daddy would meet him in the midst of the trial.

David asked for protection and for God to rescue him quickly, yet all of this is done so that God can receive the glory. David wanted God to be seen in his rescue. Envision this same Daddy who's kneeled before his child, now scooping the child up in his arms and holding him closely. The child no longer fears, but rather he is smiling and telling his enemies, "Don't mess with me again. My daddy's bigger than you!"

Now what about you? What stresses are you facing today? Have you invited God to come into the midst of your struggles? Are you still trying to handle them on your own? I encourage you to do what David did...Envision God kneeling before you, looking you in the eye and hearing your every word. Then feel him lifting you to a place of great safety in his strong arms. As his arms wrap around you, you know you are safe from your enemies. And in the end you too can say, "Yep, he's my daddy; he rescued me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!