Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Lord Will Stop You

On the journey when Moses and his family had stopped for the night, the Lord confronted Moses and was about to kill him.
Exodus 4:24

Before today I don't ever recall reading this verse in the bible.  Although I had no idea that one of the most famous men in bible history was just moments away from death, the reason for his impending death caught my attention even more.  God loved Moses very much.  Moses was chosen by God.  For 40 years, God prepared Moses for the huge task of leading His people out of slavery into the Promised Land.   He trusted Moses to complete the Exodus and He had to be sure that Moses was ready for the tough job ahead.  

God's jobs are real!  He is serious about the missions He chooses for us to carry out and the tasks He lays in front of us.  Just before Moses entered Egypt and just before He was to begin his ministry of leading the Egyptians out of slavery God had one last thing to take care of.  If you have read the whole story of the Exodus you would know that God expected his people to obey Him and we learn later on that when they don't obey there are consequences to pay.  There was one area in Moses' life where He wasn't obeying and God was ready to kill him if He didn't change his ways.  The man He spent many years preparing and grooming had not yet circumcised His son and God was finished waiting on him.

As I think about this verse and the reality of what happened I realize that God really expects me to obey Him and if He was willing to kill Moses then what would stop Him from disciplining me for my disobedience?  It makes me think about my life right now and I ask God to show me where I have gone my own way.  God has laid a huge ministry on my heart and I look forward to living that out but what area in my life do I need to change first?  It has taken a while for it to get anywhere, is He waiting on me to obey Him in some other area of my life?  What is He waiting for you to do?  Where have you disobeyed God?  God will stop me and you if there is something He wants from us.  He will not let us carry out His mission until we are willing to obey His every command.  

Dear God, show me where I have disobeyed you.  Reveal to me those sins that I have not yet repented from.  I want to do your work on earth and you need me to be Holy so make known to me the things that need removed from my life.  God I praise you for all that you are and for the power that you have to help me overcome these issues.  Forgive me for my sin and the times I have disobeyed your commands.  I am sorry for blowing you off and making excuses for the the things that I was not ready to do for you.  Transform me today and trust me with great and marvelous works on this earth.  Use me to bring people to you.  Amen and Amen

   
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!