Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Recipe for Healing

Do you feel broken? Are you part of a family that has been hurt by sin? Is your marriage on the rocks? What are the pains and places in your life that need the healing touch of Jesus?

I too, have these places of pain and brokenness. If your like me, you've tried lots of things to find healing. Perhaps you've tried to 'stuff' your feelings only to have them explode at some point. Maybe you've given yourself away emotionally and/or physically to find something to soften the hurt. Have you tried to numb the pain through drinking? We've all tried to deal with our pain in a variety of ways, but this week as I was reading God's word, I found the most simple and clear directives. They go like this:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land." 
                                                    2 Chronicles 7:14

Acknowledge God for who He is! Praise him. Allow him to love you!
Humble yourself. Be willing to be wrong and to be changed.
Pray always.
Seek God's face by reading his Word regularly and earnestly.
Remove your sin. Hold nothing back, surrender it all!
Receive and offer forgiveness.
Allow the healing touch of the Lord to reach into the depths of your heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!