Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow Up

For all you animal lovers who are sitting at the edge of your seat waiting to hear the outcome of my Ginger story, I am sad to say we had to put her down.  As I think about the last two days and remember wondering what God had planned to use this untimely, devastating incident for.  I could never pin point it until now.  Yes, God could have been just trying to give me a speed bump in the road (no pun intended) warning me to slow down.  I can hear Him say, "your life is crazy let's just add one more thing to your already jam packed schedule, and see how you handle it", and although that could very well be the reason behind this mess, I believe it was deeper than that.

The message I learned yesterday was one that will carry with me in every decision I ever have to make in the future.  I will always have to think of this moment when I have to choose between my way and God's way.  When we choose to be completely committed to God then every command in His Word applies to our life.  We can't pick and choose the easy stuff to follow and find reasons and justification to ignore the more difficult rules.  God wants all of us and He wants us to choose His way because we trust that He knows best.  It doesn't matter how small or big, God wants us to trust in His commands.

It was by faith that Noah built an ark to save his family from the flood.  He obeyed God, who warned him about something that had never happened before.  By his faith he condemned the rest of the world and was made right in God's sight.
Hebrews 11:7

Noah was a man of faith and He trusted God's command to build a gigantic arc, to put animals in, to save them from a huge flood, that would be the result of water pouring out of the sky, something that had never happened before!  Noah trusted God and said yes to this big task.  Noah got ridiculed and persecuted like many people today.  He was made fun of for applying God's word to his life and for trusting in God.  His faith condemned the rest of the world and he didn't have to fight back or prove his cause.  Noah just acted in the way God wanted Him to and the rest was taken care of.  Yes the persecution hurts and being made fun of for being "radical" is very difficult at times but in the end followers of God always win out!  (Watch this trailer from Evan Almighty)  Yes some commands may sound crazy but if God tells us to do something are we willing to go all out for Him? 

Is there something that you feel God nudging you to say or follow through with that you hesitate doing because you are afraid of what others will think?  Are you holding back being completely dependent on God because you have friends and or family who won't quite understand?  Like me going to the bible to decide how to handle my injured dog (if my husband thought I was crazy he was very good to hide that from me :), the things God tells us to do may sound weird or radical in the world's eyes but never ever let that stop you from doing what is right in God's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!