Friday, March 14, 2014

Tell Them

But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust?  And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted?  And how can they hear if nobody tells them? 
Romans 10:14

What kind of life are you living today?  Do your friends know that you are a christian?  I'm not talking about the friends you spend a lot of time with, of course they know!  I am more concerned about those who you are just acquaintances with.  How about your coworkers or maybe the check out clerk at Walmart, do they know who you claim to be?  Everyone should know, by just watching and listening, Who you put your trust in.  Maybe they do and that is a big part as to why they enjoy your company.  Maybe the people around you are drawn to the Jesus in you.  Do they see His characteristics in you?  Are you open to discuss biblical topics?  Are you willing to expose your true beliefs by sharing the gospel with someone or would you rather sit back and keep that stuff to yourself?  Do you believe in God and His call on your life to "Go make disciples"? (Matthew 28:19)  

So many people need Jesus in the very community you live in.  Believe it or not there are people living right beside you who do not know Jesus.  Yes many know of Him but they don't know Him on a level that changes their lives like you and me.  They don't trust Him because they don't know He can be trusted.  Will you be that person who brings them to Christ?  Will you get real with someone who needs Jesus?  If you are a christian your answer better be yes.   

Dear God show me today who needs to call on you for help.  Lord give me the words to share with him or her and guide me in telling them what I know about You.  I don't want to live a shy and quiet life anymore.  Give me confidence and a new boldness to live my life out loud.   I want people to know all about this Jesus who lives within me and loves through me.  I want to share my experiences of trusting You.  Help me to show my friends and acquaintances that You are the Savior of the world and that You are someone who can be trusted.  Like a lifeguard throws out a life preserver I want to throw your name to the world and give someone hope and a safe place to turn.  In Jesus' Name..........Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!