Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Dark and Winding Path

All of you that honor the Lord and obey the words of his servant, the path you walk may be dark indeed, but trust in the Lord, rely on your God.
Isaiah 50:10

I hate to tell you but this walk with God, developing my faith and putting my complete trust in Jesus has not been a stroll in the park.  Has it been absolutely amazing and fulfilling?  Sure, but it hasn't been an easy road.  Many of the things God has been teaching me have to do with loving and accepting others just the way they are.  He is taking me places where I am uncomfortable.  He trusts me with big things that I don't have the ability to handle on my own.  God is stretching my faith and I am learning with every stride how to trust Him with my every move.  Yes this trip I'm on is winding and at times seems like I have gotten off course, but with God by my side I can never be lost. 

I think for many who accept Christ, they give up when the road gets too curvy.  Things start to get hard and they end up going back into their same way of living......self sufficiency takes over and God is no longer their trusted provider.  One reason is that no one told them how hard it was going to be.  We are taught that trusting God and living for Him will bring us great glory and eternal salvation.  Joy and peace are with believers and we hear about all the great things that come with the christian lifestyle, but no one mentions the part that says we will have difficulty.  No one warns us that satan will be angry with our choice to live for God and that he will do everything he can to keep us from transforming.  Many aren't prepared for the obstacles along their journey and when they hit that fork in the road they choose the wrong path.  Not because they are a bad person but because they weren't prepared.  A difficult decision is hard to make alone and without a friend to hold you accountable you can very easily make a wrong turn.  With satan putting doubts and lies in your head it is easy to make a wrong choice and understandable when you give up and turn back to the familiar road.  

Friends choosing to live a God First life is a huge deal and a hard thing to do. The road isn't always smooth and straight.  You will run into pot holes and detours and a whole lot of construction but in the end you will be the person God had planned for you to be.  You will receive a ton of blessings along the way and more importantly sow seeds of faith and love.  So don't give up when things get hard, stay focused and on the path chosen for you.  Don't be afraid of what satan will do and how he will try to stop you.  Be prepared for him to show up from time to time and have a plan to overcome him.  Call on God to help you get around those detours that seem too hard to handle and when you feel you have lost your way.  Stay on this dark and winding path because eventually, when the time is perfect you will be brought into God's shining light!  In fact, all along this path you will get glimpses of this beautiful light. A light that brings hope and smiles keeping you focused and steadfast.  Hold onto those moments and keep walking, running, skipping or biking.  Whatever your mode of transportation......just keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!