Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Matter of Perspective

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever!
Psalm 136:1



Are you in a situation that is less than ideal? I'm learning that when I'm in such a circumstance I need to change my perspective. Let me explain. 

We are vacationing in Orlando, FL. and tonight as we go out of the car I heard what I thought to be thunder. And of course, my initial thought was, "Oh shoot. Rain will just ruin our plans to lay out and have fun by the pool tomorrow." As we went up the elevator to our 5th floor room, the "thunder' continued. As I rounded the corridor to our room, the sky lit up with brilliant light miles away. The noise wasn't thunder after all. It was the concussion of fireworks at Disney World. The sky was beautiful, but I didn't see it until I was in a new position. 

Our life is much the same. Situations are painful and even ugly at times and while we are in  them it's hard to see the good. But I'm amazed at the new perspective we can gain when we go to the Lord and thank him for all that he is and all that he has done for us. Thankfulness provides a new perspective. Thankfulness helps us rise above the situation. 

So, whatever you are facing, choose to give thanks. Yes, 'choose." Thankfulness isn't our natural response, so we must make the choice to be thankful! Thank the Lord for his creation and creativity. Thank him for the way he intricately designed you and planned your days before you were even breathing. Thank him for the salvation that is freely given to you through His son's death and resurrection. Once you start thanking Him, your attitude will change and He will lift you to new heights! He will give you a new perspective! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!