Saturday, March 15, 2014

Restoration

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then  come and offer your gift." Matt. 5:23-24


Ok, Ok! I've been running from God on an issue. He spoke to me, and I heard. But, I didn't want to listen. I had been rude to someone. Their life choices had left their family in pain. I witnessed their pain, and it breaks my heart. So when I saw him for the first time since these choices, let's just say I was less than loving. It wasn't that I didn't love him, I was just hurting for the hurt he'd caused. God was quick to bring it to my attention. And I heard him and intended to fix it that day. But I didn't. He's reminded me several times, and I've put it off. 

It wasn't until last night as I lay in bed with my granddaughter asking for "Jesus" before we went to sleep that I heard him say he was serious. When Emma spends the night we tell a Jesus story before we snuggle into my bed to sleep. I decided to tell her the story of Jonah. All was going well until I got to the part where Jonah realizes he'd been running from God. BAM, WHAM, OUCH! Smacked right in the forehead, I was! I was acting just like Jonah on this issue. God will not let it rest until I take care of it. I then hear this still small voice say, "If you love me you will obey my commands." (John 14:15) And this morning I'm greeted with the above scripture. So, needless to say, I'm off to make amends!

Thank you, Jesus for your relentless love that will not let me remain disobedient!
I love you! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!