Monday, March 17, 2014

Know Whose You Are


The devil brought Jesus into Jerusalem and stood him at the highest point of the temple. He said to him, “Since you are God’s Son, throw yourself down from here.”
 Luke 4:9

In this passage Satan tempts Jesus to prove who he is. Jesus however doesn’t fall for the trick. He is confident in whose he is, so there is nothing to prove.

As I read this passage, I realized how I’ve spent my entire life, up until the last year, trying to prove who I was. I tried to earn love from others by being what they wanted or needed. I compromised God, myself and others in trying to prove that I could handle life on my own. When others didn’t approve of who I was, I just did what they wanted. I changed to become who they wanted me to be. I did things I didn’t want to do. I even sinned to receive their approval. I did things for God so he would do things for me. I hurt others by not having a firm foundation in God.

Recently God has changed my heart to love him for who he is, not what he does. He also showed me that he loves me for who I am and not what I do or don’t do. And in getting me to realize that this is true love, I have been freed to be myself. I no longer need to prove who I am, because I know whose I am!

Do you feel lost? Are you striving to prove yourself? Then begin to find yourself by asking God to reveal who he is and in finding his greatness, you will find yourself. Why? Because you are his masterpiece! He created you, loves you, and has the plan for your life! In order to find who you are, seek to find whose you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!