Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sweet Friendship







Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul.  Proverbs 27:9


Twighlight Woods lotion, cinnamon candles, J.Love Perfume... these are my favorite scents right now. I enjoy plugging in the little nightlight that melts cinnamon wax throughout the evening and delights my house with its wonderful smell. My daughter loves to burn candles. As I walked into the house tonight I rushed to her room and said, “I smelled you were home!” The wonderful fragrance was drifting from her bedroom and throughout our home. My perfume is a new fragrance, and I like it so well that I find myself spritzing it on each time I travel past the bottle- just to freshen up!

Tonight I’m returning from Bible Study praising God so much! He’s huge. He’s creative. He’s to be feared. He is magnificent and majestic. He’s all-knowing, all-powerful, ever-present, and unchanging. And yet he loves us- fallible, flawed, sinful humans. He loves us as if we are perfection. 

Tonight I’m praising God for the friends in my life. I have friends, both male and female, that delight my heart. Friends that cry and laugh with me in the same breath. Friends that bear their souls to me and allow me to be real with them as well. I cherish the friends that make faces with me and share knowing glances when I say things that come out all jumbled up- and know exactly what I mean anyway! I am thrilled to have new friends and the good ole friends that share my history. 

Each friend brings a sweetness to my life. I am realizing how much God loves me! He loves me so much that he blesses me with just the right relationship at just the right time. A hug at the grocery, a smile on my down moment, a scripture sent as encouragement, a laugh when I am taking myself too seriously... and so goes the list of his divine appointments. 

Now, I reflect. Am I so overflowing with the love of my great God that I “freshen up” the lives of my friends? Does time in fellowship with them delight their soul? Are they refreshed for the next steps on their journey when they leave their time with me?


Oh, let us not waste one more moment of our precious lives. Friends, we must draw close to the Lord so that he can draw near us and radiate from within! He has given us nothing but the best, not for ourselves alone, but we are blessed to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!