Friday, November 15, 2013

He Cannot Deny Himself


If we are unfaithful, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny himself
2 Timothy 2:13


I have been in awe, the last few days, at how big God’s love is for me.  I came across this scripture and it struck me that even when we are unfaithful to God he can’t help but stay faithful to us.  He doesn’t give up on us!  What a relief!  

Although I try my hardest everyday and I commit my life to His direction and plans there are still moments when my faith is weak.  For instance, when one of my children lies to me my anger gets the best of me and before I have a chance to think of how God would react I am saying not so nice things and spouting out a punishment.  There are moments in all of our lives that our faith gets pushed to the side and we yell out in anger or we gossip about someone, we watch that movie that isn’t very appropriate, or we ignore someone in need.  We aren’t perfect and God knows that!  Does He get angry and yell at us?  Does he send down fire from heaven and strike us dead? No, He remains faithful! 

It is such a relief to know that when I mess up God still loves me.  God remains steadfast and unchanging in a life that changes by the moment.  He is always faithful even when I'm not.  

God has to remain faithful because that is who He is.  He is not a liar (Numbers 24:19).  His word is true and he will never contradict Himself.  God will not refrain from satisfying himself.  After all, why did he create the beautiful animals, flowers, mountains, ocean........well let’s just say it, the whole universe?  God created because it all satisfies Him.  Look in Genesis 1 and recall the account of creation; 6 times in my New Living Translation did it mention “and it was good”  each day God had created something new he stepped back and thought to himself, “this is good”.  God made everything for His enjoyment.  God made us for His enjoyment so to deny himself of loving us and accepting us is absolutely unheard of.  It satisfies God to remain faithful to us!  The most amazing part is we don’t have to do anything to receive His love and acceptance.  Yes, He is joyous and smiles on us when we are faithful to Him but He also smiles on us when we mess up.  Our humanness can’t quite grasp it and that’s ok.......just trust it!!!  Amen and Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!